Print without Colors

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by CodyVanZant
I have a night mode and a regular mode for coloring the entire application including the Syntax Editor. I need to allow my users to print while in either mode. The night mode has white text so the printed document is worthless. How do I alter the printed document to use my regular mode colors, or no colors at all would be fine.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Cody,

We've added a new SyntaxEditor.PrintSettings.IsSyntaxHighlightingEnabled flag for the next version. You'll be able to set that to false to get black and white text printing.

In the meantime, the only workaround will be to probably set the SyntaxEditor.HighlightingStyleRegistry property to an alternate registry while you print and restore it to null afterwards to kick back in the default one.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Cody,

We were reviewing our TODO list and noticed we didn't update this thread when we added a PrintSettings.HighlightingStyleRegistry property several builds ago.  This feature is now available.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.