Implementing IntelliPrompt for SQL

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Jimmy
Version: 4.0.0289
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating your product.
Does your prodcut support SQL intellisense out of the box ?
If not, how difficult would it be to implement ?

An example would be great.

Thanks in advance.

[Modified at 08/03/2011 06:26 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jimmy,

I'm sorry we don't have an advanced language implementation for SQL at this time. Our Simple language sample shows how you can go about building a language with automated IntelliPrompt.

SQL is a very tricky language since there is a lot of ambiguity in its parser grammar. We know of a couple customers who have built advanced language implementations for SQL but they said it wasn't easy to do due to the ambiguity of the SQL language grammar.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Jimmy
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Do you know if they are selling their product ?
Or if there is any parser available in the market ?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jimmy,

Sorry I believe those customers were making internal projects. We haven't really searched for any SQL parsers before. But if you search and find one, you can always wire up any third-party parser for use with our product.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Justin Harrell
We use Active Query Builder It can parse select statements into a model that can be used for Intelliprompt. It also can extract database metadata and has a visual query builder as well.

It complements Syntax Editor very well, we have them in two tabs to flip between and keep them both in sync. You can use their parsing/model non visually as well if you don't display a graphical builder it will even run server side to inspect queries.

[Modified at 10/11/2011 08:23 PM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.