Posted 13 years ago by Pat Maneely - Software Engineering Manager, Cobham Aerospace
I'm trying to deploy my application using ClickOnce. I'm able to deploy and run it on my personal machine, but when I upgrade another machine that doesn't have WPFStudio installed on it, the application throws an System Invalid Operation exception.

I've added the ActiPro dlls to the Application File list. Their publish status is 'Include'. The Download Group is 'Required'.

Did I miss something?

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Pat,

The most common mistake with ClickOnce deployments is not deploying the appropriate Actipro dll files. The one generally missed is the Shared assembly. Be sure you include that. Maybe that's what you are missing.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Pat Maneely - Software Engineering Manager, Cobham Aerospace
That one's there...Any other thoughts?
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Maybe take a look at our Deployment documentation topic to ensure that you are including all the dlls for the products you use. Also on the client machine, see if you can locate the folder where things deploy to and verify that all the assemblies you expect to be there are there.

The only other thing I can think of from our end would be a licensing exception in case you didn't set up licensing correctly, but I would expect that scenario to throw a LicensingException instead.

Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be without more detail, such as the exception details. I know we have customers who do ClickOnce deploys.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.