XAML Intellisense support

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by matthias kossiek
Version: 11.1.0543
Hi,
we use the SyntaxEditor to edit XAML Code. Do you have any Intellisense (XAML Syntax-)Support in the meantime? I only know the XmlSyntaxLanguage from the samples.

Comments (9)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matthias,

I'm sorry but we don't have any built-in XAML automated IntelliPrompt at this time. It may be something we add in the future and I'll write down your request with the TODO item.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,
once more I have to ask for XAML-Intelliprompt in the WPF-Syntaxeditor.
Our problem is that XAML-editing will be a basic feature in our product.
Is there a timeline at Actipro when XAML automated Intelliprompt will be implemented in SyntaxEditor? Or is it possible to order it from Actipro? Or would you recommend to purchase a Blue License and implement it by ourselves?
Hi Matthias,

We have a TODO list item for working on a XAML language but we need to continue working on core SyntaxEditor features before we start on another language like XAML. If we started on XAML, it might not be until mid-late next year.

Ordinarily we do accept consulting service requests for implementing new features from customers (where customers pay us to bump up priority on a feature and implement it), however at the current time we're behind schedule on WPF Studio 2011.2 delivery and need to focus on that. Follow its release, there are a couple other things that may take several weeks to finish. We may be able to talk about a consulting option for XAML early in 2012 though.

If you were going to implement it yourself, the approach would likely be some combination of the functionality in the .NET and Web Languages Add-ons. The XML language would probably be the main frontend and would be used to validate tags, etc. For the XML completion list, you'd want to use reflection data from the .NET add-on, based on which XMLNS are loaded. It's likely that you would need some internal code from both to accomplish it, so yes, Blueprints would certainly be helpful for the two add-ons.

Actipro Software Support

Hi Actipro,

once more I have to ask you for the Xaml Syntax Intellisense Support. Have you made any investigations in this direction in the meantime? In the last Post you wrote that it may be possible to talk about a consultig option in early 2012. Is it possible to order this feature from Actipro now?

Hi Matthias,

I'm sorry but at this time we haven't had a chance to look into things further.  We still need to knock out more core SyntaxEditor and existing add-on features before we could really consider taking on another new language service project.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Charles Mathis

I know the last post was only a month ago, so nothing has probably changed, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Has the status of Xaml intellisense support changed?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Sorry no change at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Stefan Olson

Any progress on this? I need Xaml for what I'm doing.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stefan,

Sorry but no, we don't currently have XAML IntelliPrompt.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.