Problem with end of line character

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Erel Uziel
Have you encountered a problem where the end of lines characters are not being handled correctly starting from an apparently random line?

Several users report it. We cannot however reproduce it.

You can see a screenshot here: Screenshot

Starting from line 1258 all the text appears on this single line. There is also a square character which is probably related to the end of line characters.

Comments (7)

Apparently this issue happens exactly after 32768 characters.
Seems to only happen on Windows XP SP3 (?)...
Posted 12 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Seems odd since 32768 is 2^15. And if it only occurs on XP and not Vista/7 could it be an x86 vs x64 issue???

I have a file with more than 18 Million characters and cannot reproduce the problem on Win7 x64. But it would be a shame if the problem can be reproduced for all files on x86 machines.

Has the file mixed line terminators?

[Modified at 01/10/2012 09:37 AM]

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The file has no mixed line terminators.

I'm now able to reproduce it. It seems to only happen on some Windows XP machines.
We are using the source code of SyntaxEditor. Maybe it is related.
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Erel,

I don't believe we are aware of any issues like this at the moment. Are you running the latest maintenance release? If so, please build a new simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over to our support address so we can debug it. Reference this post in your email. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Compiling with optimizations disabled solved this issue...
Posted 9 years ago by Ben Hadad

We've run into this as well; our XP users are reporting the same bug. We haven't tried Erel's optimization solution.

Has this been addressed in the latest release?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Ben,

We never got a sample project showing the issue, so we haven't done anything specifically for this.  The other customer said that compiling with optimizations disabled solved it, which makes me think that the bug might not be in our C# code itself.  I would recommend trying with the latest version to see if it still happens there.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.