How do I "disable" themes in 2011.2?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Andreas Hellström
Version: 11.2.0551
Hi!

We just upgraded from 2011.1 to 2011.2 (Docking & MDI) and find out that themes have been changed quite a bit. I've read the Converting to 2011.2 documentation, but still can't figure out how to solve our issue.

In 2011.1 we did not set any styles or themes at all, and things looked fine, but when upgrading to 2011.2 it seems to be using themes out of the box. How do we do in 2011.2 to use no theme at all, so to speak?

I've uploaded an image showing the look before and now. How do we get back to how it looked before?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/actiprothemeproblem.png/

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andreas,

The 2011.1 version also used themes for Docking/MDI but they were just lighter colors. In 2011.2 we went with a more VS 2010/2012 look that reduces UI complexity and uses higher contrast colors to emphasize the docking window content instead of docking UI.

That being said, we have had a couple requests to bring back a look more like the 2011.1 version as an option so for the next maintenance release, we've build a QuickStart that shows how you can customizes the brushes and other assets on a per theme basis to make full Docking themes that use colors more like 2011.1. Our sample shows this for the Aero, Office Blue and Office Silver themes.

The next build should be out sometime in the next week or two.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Andreas Hellström
Thank you for quick answers!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.