Where to set up the ParseRequestDispatcher if not in Startup

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Hi,
In your documentation you write
"ambient parse request dispatcher should be set up in your application startup code"
But I want to use SyntaxEditor in a separate dll, because we may not reference Actipro-DLL's in the Main Application.
So I need a place beside the applications startup, to start up and shut down the parse request dispatcher. The same for the AmbientAssemblyRepositoryProvider.
The best place would be the dll, where the Synatx Editor is used.

In fact I look for a way to deploy an application using syntax editor for clients, without installing the actipro on the clients machines, only on my machine, where the actipro License is valid.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christel,

You can start the ambient parse request dispatcher any time you want, but it should occur before you start using any SyntaxEditor instances. That's why we recommend starting it in app startup since it will ensure that. But you certainly could maintain some sort of global flag for if it's been started and then when creating your first SyntaxEditor instance, if you detect it hasn't yet been started, start it up at that point.

For licensing, you should never (nor are you allowed to) install our installer on client machines. If you are a customer and own licenses, then please look at the "Licensing" topic in the WPF Studio documentation as that gives you exact instructions on how to embed your license data in your .exe. Once that is done properly, you can just xcopy our .dll files with your .exe and everything will be fine on end user machines.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Thanks a lot for the quick answer!
The documentation is great!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.