Floating Window Size is constrained to monitor size

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Greg Shaffer
Version: 11.2.0552
Hi,

It seems like the size of my floating tool windows are limited to the size of one of my monitors. In my configuration, I actually have 4 monitors and I want to resize a floating window completely across multiple monitors by dragging on the side/corner of the floating window, but I cannot. There seems to be a max size that's being enforced.

Is there some way I can remove this constraint?

Thanks,
Greg

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Greg,

Unfortunately this seems to be an artifical limit imposed by the WPF Window (or possibly Win32) when using WindowStyle None, which we use to render a custom chrome. I've marked down a TODO item to investigate this more in the future.

The only possible work around would be to try to restyle the RaftingWindow to remove our custom chrome and revert back to the default window borders and titlebar. This can be done by setting WindowStyle to ThreeDBorderWindow/ToolWindow, AllowsTransparency to false, and ResizeMode to CanResizeWithGrip. You would also need to retemplate the window to remove the instance of our WindowControl used to render the custom chrome.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.