Language Add-On for PowerShell

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Stefan Koell

Hi,

I've seen you provide add-ons for c# and VB.net with your SyntaxEditor control. I'm looking for a PowerShell add-on and was wondering if something is in the works or planned?

Thank you,
Stefan

Comments (4)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for writing.  While we already include a free language definition for PowerShell that does syntax highlighting, we don't have any immediate plans to make a full add-on.  That being said, SyntaxEditor is fully customizable and extensible and you can add any sort of IntelliPrompt features you like to a language.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Stefan Koell

Thanks for the speedy response. I'm aware the syntax highlighting is included but I'm looking for a more complete solution without spending a lot of time on implementing intellisense, etc.

I'm wondering that there are not more requests for PowerShell because when it comes to automating the own app, PowerShell is the best way to go and integrating a fully fledged PowerShell editor right into the app would be awesome. I really like your component but if I just want to have syntax highlighting for PowerShell, there are plenty of other (free) options out there.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll continue to look and keep an eye on your products. Once you have a PowerShell add-on, this component is surely worth it.

cheers,
Stefan

Posted 8 years ago by David Homer - CEO, CENTREL Solutions

Hi, are there any updates to this?

We've been asked to provide PowerShell support to one of our products. It would be fine if we could just integrate the Microsoft PowerShell ISE into a WinForm application but can't see a way of doing that.

Regards,

David

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi David,

Sorry but we don't have any updates on a PowerShell add-on.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.