A Powerful Free Editor App
Code Writer is a free text and code editor app for the Windows platform, downloadable from the Windows Store, and fully supported on ARM, x86, and x64 devices.
We've built it from the ground up to be fast, fluid, and powerful.
Active syntax highlighting updates as you edit files, with over 20 file types supported.
Color is used pervasively throughout the app to create a bond between you and various file types.
Multiple documents may be opened at a time.
Use an intuitive tabbed document interface from a slide-down app bar to switch between documents.
Browse to open any accessible document, or reopen recently-opened documents with a tap.
Chromeless Editing UI
Edit documents in full-screen mode without chrome distractions
Add Documents Easily
Create new or open existing documents from any accessible source... hide file types you don't use and add custom file extensions
Configure the editor theme and other options such as font size
Find/replace and advanced features like tabify lines and convert case are available
Snapped View Support
The app supports snapped view, allowing you to work side-by-side with other apps
Help and Settings
Detailed product documentation and many configuration options are included
- Some file types support advanced editing features like code outlining, syntax errors, text formatting, quick info, color previews, auto-case correct, etc.
- Create new documents, browse to open any accessible document (local, SkyDrive, etc.), and easily reopen recent documents
- Chromeless UI editing surface that only shows caret position and scrollbars
- Scrollable tabbed document interface to switch between open documents
- Open documents are persisted between app sessions
- Modified documents are flagged
- Find and replace, go to line, and document properties panes
- Document print support with numerous options
- Touch-based selection support, and a plethora of keyboard shortcuts
- Live tile that displays the names and save state of open documents
- Integrates with Settings charm for access to configuration options
- Supports sharing of document or selected text with other apps via the Share charm
- Supports other Windows Store apps sharing text or files with Code Writer via the Share charm
- Detailed documentation that describes all app functionality
- Snapped mode view support for working side-by-side with other apps
- File associations allow the app to be used as a default editor for various file types
- Options for theme, font family/size, line numbers, word wrap, current line highlight, delimiter highlighting and auto-completion, web color previews, indentation guides, whitespace characters, tabs/spaces, line ends, etc.
- Options to add custom file extensions for file types, and disable file types you don't work with
- Run the app and open files using the codewriter:// protocol
Connect with Actipro
Code Editing in Your Own Apps
Like what you see from us?
Actipro is best known for our syntax-highlighting code editor control named
that can be used to add rich code editing features in your own apps.
SyntaxEditor is currently available for the Universal Windows, WPF, Silverlight, and WinForms platforms.
Use the Universal Windows version to build a code/text editing app just like Code Writer!
We also offer a comprehensive set of other user interface controls for use in the various Microsoft UI platforms, everything from docking windows and MDI to property grids and charts.
Please download a free evaluation of our products to discover more.