How to get a split view that is not the active view

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
Version: 11.2.0553

I have a custom margin that implements breakpoint and bookmark glyphs that need to be updated as the document is scrolled vertically, in my code I use the current snapshot property from a view to accomplish this and the functionality works fine until the user adds multiple splits resulting in multiple views.

If the user adds a 4 way split (4 views) and mouse overs a view I need to get that view. Note that the view the mouse is over is not focused therefore that view is not the active view so I can not make a call to the Syntax Editor Activeview Placement property and have it return correctly as it defaults to a view that had focus last or the Default view if there is no focus.

I was wondering if there was a way for me to accomplish what I need that I might have missed from your help and project examples?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Mick,

The hit testing features of SyntaxEditor will give you that sort of info (the containing view).  We have docs on that and a QuickStart that shows it as well.  Check those out, especially the sample since it's close to what you want.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC

Thanks for the information, I was looking at hooking up the mouse enter event so this confirms I was going in the right direction, thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.