CMFCRibbonUndoButton for WPF

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Peter Schlicker
Version: 11.2.0554

Hi all,

how can I implement a button like the CMFCRibbonUndoButton used in VS2010 and Office 2010?

has someone any implementation in WPF e.g with a SplitButton with a special content?

Thanks for any information

Peter

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure exactly what you are going for, but the ribbon:SplitButton accepts any content as a popup.  So you can show any control in its popup.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Peter Schlicker

Hi,

yes I know, but to do the gui functionality there is a lot of work like the VS2010 RibbonUndoButton does.

I have started with this:

<ribbon:SplitButton 
    ImageSourceSmall="/Resources/Undo16.png" 
    Label="Undo" 
    Command="{Binding ViewModel.UndoCommand}" 
    AutomationProperties.AutomationId="UndoQuickAccessToolBarButton" 
    ScreenTipHeader="Undo (Ctrl + Z)" 
    ScreenTipDescription="Select Commands from list to undo">
    <ribbon:SplitButton.PopupContent>
        <StackPanel Orientation="Vertical" Width="200">
            <ListBox Name="UndoList"  Height="200" ItemsSource="{Binding ViewModel.UndoStack}">
                <ListBox.ItemTemplate>
                    <DataTemplate>
                        <Label Content="{Binding Path=.}"/>
                    </DataTemplate>
                </ListBox.ItemTemplate>
            </ListBox>
            <TextBlock Name="SelectedActions" Text="{Binding ViewModel.UndoStackCount}"></TextBlock>
        </StackPanel>
    </ribbon:SplitButton.PopupContent>
</ribbon:SplitButton>

now I must implement the special hover selection in the listbox to select mutiple items which will be undone

If the selection is finished I must close the popup und get the multiple selected information for the undo/redo business logic

A lot of application were using undo redo, so I think Actipro should support such a undo/redo splitbutton in the future :-)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Peter,

Ok I see what you are trying to achieve.  We don't have anything for that at the moment.  My guess is that you would need to have a custom control to handle the popup content there since it does have the special hover functionality as well as the label indicating the selected count.  We'll mark down your suggestion.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.