Property Grid ExpandableObjectConverter and Refresh

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Tarquin
Version: 12.1.0560

Hi

I am binding the property grid to a parent class that has a property of a child class. Child class has several subtypes.

I have decorated the child property with an ExpandableObjectConverter and as expected it does expand on the property grid to show the child class properties.

When I change the the child property to a different type of child class the expanded part of property grid is not updated unless I call Refresh(). I have implemented INotifyPropertyChanged and I can see that this is having an effect as the property grid does show the new child class name on the property header.

Is there any way I can get the property grid to update without calling Refresh().

Thanks

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tarquin,

Thank you for the e-mailed sample. We've fixed this bug for the upcoming maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Tarquin

Hi Guys

Has this been released yet and if so in what version?

Thanks

T

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi, yes that should have been part of a 2012.1 maintenance release.  You can look at our Announcements forum for all the release notes for each version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 23 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.