Are there plans to release a TreeView control that supports multiselect?

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 12.1.0561

I was just wondering if there are any plans to release a WPF TreeView control that has multiselect support built-in, including support for control+clicking multiple items, shift+clicking, selecting multiple items via a mouse click and drag, etc... Oddly, I don't see any control vendors providing a real solution (using checkboxes in TreeView items is just a workaround IMO) and Microsoft seems uninterested in offering this. Even just an attached behavior for TreeView multiselect would be valuable.

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (13)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Craig,

Thanks, I'll write down the suggestion.  We don't have such a control planned at this time.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Boleslaw

I would like to wholeheartedly second this request. It seems very hard to find a professional quality multi select tree view, which is strange because there are many useful scenarios for it. I'm sure Actipro would make a lot of people happy with creation of one considering the high quality of your other controls, my company and I included.

Thanks for considering this!

[Modified 12 years ago]

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thanks for the feedback!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Jack Stephenson

I would also like this feature

Posted 10 years ago by Semen Chelnokov

Still needed. Drug&drop, multi select, inline edit, icons...

Posted 9 years ago by Philippe Buchet

The same for me !

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hey everyone,

We have started work on a custom advanced TreeView control and would love to get your detailed feedback on what you'd like to see.  Please see this blog post for details on what we're looking for:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2016/03/14/Creating-an-Improved-WPF-TreeView-Control

You can send your feedback through our normal support mechanisms or you can chat right with us via Slack.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 months ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Where can I find a multi select tree view ?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Our TreeListBox and TreeListView controls in the Grids product supports mult-select.  If you want to see this in action, take a look at the Grids / TreeListBox QuickStarts / Selection sample.

Actipro Software Support

Found them :)

Thank you!

With wich version "

HasTreeLines 

" was added ?

I seem to not have it on the actipro version I currently use.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Also for the TreeListBox I would like for a selected item, only that item(Text) to be selected not the entire row. Is this possible ?

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The TreeListBox.HasTreeLines property was added in v20.1.1.

As for not highlighting the entire row for selection, we don't have an option for that.  You could clone our default style/template for TreeListBoxItem and alter it to achieve that.  Since your company is a WPF Studio customer, whoever is listed on the account can download our default styles/templates from their purchases list.  Then assign the updated TreeListBoxItem Style to the TreeListBox.ItemContainerStyle property.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.