How to grow the height of syntax editor when adding text, like in a simple textbox?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Christel
Version: 12.1.0562

Hi,

having a syntax editor:

this.editor.WordWrapMode = ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.SyntaxEditor.WordWrapMode.Word;

A textbox can be at the first glance small, but can grow up to a maximum size (when the property "AcceptsReturn=True" and "TextWrapping=Wrap"), when inserting more text than can be seen in one line.

As the syntax editor is much more complexer and have such a lot of appreciated features I'm asking myself if there could be the same behaviour like in a textbox.

I would like to have first a size for a single line, but when word wrap is necessary, the syntaxeditor-window should grow in height, after a maximum reached, the vertical scrollbar should be seen.

Is this behaviour available?

Thanks for your support!

Comments (4)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

I'm sorry but at this time we don't support that kind of feature.  I will log your request.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Christel

Hi,

just to ask again as this feature will be still requested with high priority by our customers:

Will this feature now be supported after two years of my first request?

Thanks for your info!

Christel

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christel,

This is something we have experimented with but never finished off.  We checked into it again and made some more progress.  Would you be willing to help test a preview of the 2014.1 version if we add this feature in?  If so, please write our support address and reference this thread.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We've announced this feature on our blog as being included for the 2014.1 version:

http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2014/02/26/SyntaxEditor-Auto-Sizing

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.