Posted 17 years ago by Dong JIA
Version: 3.1.0215
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I find three bugs for your scrollbar and have snapshots.
But I don't know how to post it here. :(
Could you give me some help? Or give me a mailbox that I can sent them to you.

Best regards,
Dong JIA

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Our email addresses are on the company contact page.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Joris Koster - Paragon Decision Technology
We also have another issue with the scrollbar (version 3.1.215.0). The implementation of the 'Horizontal/VerticalScrollbarIsVisible' does not do as we expect: it always returns false :S.

When I for example generate an resizeable form with on it an all-sides docked SyntaxEditor control, the code below always shows these to be false, while the scrollbar(s) are/is actually visible at the moment I enter enough characters ..

private void syntaxEditor1_KeyTyped(object sender, ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.KeyTypedEventArgs e)
{
  System.Console.WriteLine("SelectedView.HorizontalScrollbarVisible = {0}",
     this.syntaxEditor1.SelectedView.HorizontalScrollbarVisible);
  System.Console.WriteLine("SelectedView.VerticalScrollbarVisible = {0}",
     this.syntaxEditor1.SelectedView.VerticalScrollbarVisible);
}
The scrollbar/control drawing bugs are probably the same ones as DJ posted ... But here's a snapshot of what we're seeing.

I think the text-edit-client-area is not always correct resized (to become smaller to provide space for the scrollbars) and the square in the lower right should only be taken into account if both scrollbars are present.

Either way, for us it would be nice to detect whenever the Horizontal or Vertical Scrollbar is visible so that it is possible to auto-adjust the size of SyntaxEditor control to circumvent these drawing bugs.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joris,

Actually DJ's issues should have all been fixed in build 216 so please download that maintenance release.

Also I found the issue with those properties not returning the correct results and will have that fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Joris Koster - Paragon Decision Technology
OK, that would be great, that way we are able to circumvent another issue (aswell present in 3.1.0217, I just got and tried it).

To reproduce:
Resize the control+form to approx one line height (as in the screen shot above), next start typing; at a certain moment the control will show blank, no chars at all, no scrollbar; continue typing, the scrollbar appears, continue typing, the control shows blank again, continue typing, the scrollbar appears again..

[Modified at 02/19/2007 10:27 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.