Is there a way to append items to the default intellisense list while using VBSyntaxLanguage?

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Sreeram Akella
Version: 12.2.0570

Hi,

We are using "VBSyntaxLanguage" in one of our projects and we are getting the intellisense, however, we have a specific requirement to add new Properties/Fields to the intellisense list which are not defined locally in the editor. Is there a way to append new items to the VB intellisense list?

I tried inheriting the "VBCompletionProvider" class, but I couldn't get a hold of the intellisense List to append new items. I could able to bypass the default intellisense prompt by overriding the "RequestSession" method to create a new custom intellisense prompt, however I want to leverage the existing functionality of VBCompletionProvider and hence the question.

We are using Actipro Version 11.2.0551. 

Thanks,
Ram.

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi, at least in newer versions the VBCompletionProvider class has an OnSessionOpening method you can override that lets you fully customize the session before it is opened.  So you could add items in an override of that.  Just be sure you call the base method after you make modifications since it has item sorting code in it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.