Question

DeleteHorizontalSpace

Posted 7 years ago by Avatar Krispy
Hello - I have been trying to implement the DeleteHorizontalWhitespace method of the SyntaxEditor control.

If I select the following text and trigger the DeleteHorizontalWhitespace method:

Quote:

a.......b.......c
(where '.' is whitespace)

I would expect to see "abc" in the editor, however the following string is displayed instead:

Quote:

a.b.c

If I trigger the DeleteHorizontalWhitespace method for a second time, the editor displays "abc", which is what I was expecting the first time the method was fired.

Is this a bug with the DeleteHorizontalWhitespace method or is my understanding of the method flawed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
No this two-stage approach is by design since it mimics how Visual Studio works exactly. And it is quite handy in certain scenarios.

The first pass only happens if there is a run of more than one whitespace in the selection. In that case it normalizes all the whitespace down to a single space.

The second pass occurs if the selection only contains single spaces. In that case it removes the spaces.

Actipro Software Support
Posted 7 years ago by Krispy
Great - thanks for clearing that up and thanks for the swift reponse.

Much appreciated.
Information The latest build of this product (2014.1 build 0320) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add a Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.