Smoothly scroll new item into view

Views for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Jim Foye
Version: 12.2.0571

I am using the ZapPanel in a listbox, pretty much following the example. When the user clicks a button to add an item, that item is added to the end of the list, and may be over to the right some distance, requiring the user to scroll for a while to get to it. (You can see the same thing in the sample, although it's vertically oriented, but you can add items for a while, and it will be necessary to manually scroll down to see them).

I'd like to smoothly scroll over to right until that last item is the selected item. I can just simply set the listbox's selected item, but then when it becomes the selected item, everything else fades in on the left hand side, and it's not a very good visual effect (in my opinion).

I tried calling LineRight() on the ScrollViewer as many times as necessary, but this did not result what I was looking for.

Any suggestions?

Comments (1)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

What if you call things like ZapPanel.SetHorizontalOffset?  If you'd like us to look into it further, please make a new simple sample that shows the issue and e-mail that to our support address.  Rename the .zip file extension and reference this post.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 13 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.