ItemVariantSize ignored in Menu

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by SledgeHammer01
Version: 11.1.0545

Stuck on using an older version because migrating was too big of a change and the boss didn't approve :), but anyways...

Trying to make a dynamic popup menu with large icons, but the ItemVariantSize prop seems to be ignored:

<ribbon:PopupButton Label="QuickLinks" ImageSourceLarge="/ActiproSoftware.Ribbon.Wpf351;component/Products/Ribbon/Images/ButtonDefault32.png">

<ribbon:Menu ItemVariantSize="Large" ItemsSource="{Binding QuickLinks}">

<ribbon:Menu.ItemTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<ribbon:Button Label="{Binding Description}" ImageSourceLarge="{Binding ImageSource}" />

</DataTemplate>

</ribbon:Menu.ItemTemplate>

</ribbon:Menu>

</ribbon:PopupButton>

The items come in with the small icon all the time. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi,

Check out our PopupLayout QuickStart since that shows how to do large menus.  But one thing I see with your example is that you are setting the DataTemplate.  Since you do that you probably need to explicitly set the ribbon:Button's VariantSize="Large" and Context="MenuItem". 

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by SledgeHammer01

I had tried VariantSize="Large" on the ribbon:Button before, but was getting the button style where the icon was above the label. Didn't know I had to do the Context="MenuItem" part. That solved the problem. Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 11 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.