Can I use the docking feature without tab feature?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by yww
Version: 13.1.0582

Now I need a layout system to allow user to put multiple WPF conent on the screen, dock them and resize them.

I have found that ToolWindow and ToolWindowContainer's sample quite close to satisfying my need. But to me it seems that ToolWindowContainer works like a TabControl and ToolWindow like a Tab.  But I don't want my ContentControls reside within a tab(or put it this way: I want ToolWindowContainer accepts only one TooWindow, so user will not see an invisible ToolWindow's header appear after the current ToolWindow header), and when user dragging the header of a ToolWindow, trying to dock it, I don't want that multi-tab icon in the middle of that popped-up dock signs. 

How can I achieve that with any classes in Actipro's Docking namespace?

[Modified 11 years ago]

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, I believe you might be able to accomplish what you want if you set DockSite.CanToolWindowsAttach to false.  That prevents a tool window from being dropped onto the middle (attach) of another tool window, which creates tabs.  As long as your initial XAML layout only has a single tool window in each container, then I don't think you'll see tabs.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 years ago by yww

excellent! Thank you very much.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.