UI Guidelines for Metro Light

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 13.2.0590
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my applicaton to use .NET 4.0 & therefore the latest build of Actipro. I was using Office 2007 Silver but we have decided to add the new Metro Light theme as it provides a cleaner looking UI but still retains some commonality with the previous version.

One thing is that it looks like the chrome on this version works well and surrounds the application with a blue border and also sets the statusbar to be blue. We quite like this as it makes the information we post on the statusbar stand out. (I am assuming this is the Chrome functionality, but I have only just started looking at this so I may have got it completely wrong).

My question is, is there a Microsoft UI guidline that we must adhere to with the statusbar - I could only see references to the Office themes in the Actipro UI guidline documentation. It looks like separators have been removed and with the slider bar, the +/- Increase and Decrease buttons have been removed in some of the metro examples I have seen.

Wondered if you had any views on this or any updated documentation.

Thanks

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

I'm glad to hear you like the new themes.  The statusbar is a themed control by us.  In Metro themes, it is advised to use whitespace to separate statusbar content.  Although in statusbars with dense content, you might want to still add a subtle sem-transparent white separator.  We have the +/- buttons by the slider in the main Ribbon demo, so those are still around, but have a flat look in the Metro themes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 16 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.