Toolwindow header/tabs in MetroLight

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 13.2.0590

Hi, I have modified my application so that it now uses the MetroLight theme and .NET 4.0 instead of Office2007Silver with .NET 3.5sp1.

I use a custom header set for each of the toolwindows that I have nested within my main docksite. All looks good, however what I have noticed now is that apart from using custom brushes/colours to differentiate between the normal/hover/selected mode, it is quite hard to see which toolwindow is selected when tabbed with other toolwindows.

The reason is that in the Office2007 theme, if toolwindows are 'tabbed' the selected window looks slightly indented AND more importantly is extended along the bottom of the 'not-selected' tabs to give a raised/3d feature. (it is almost a line in the colour of the selected tab that runs along the bottom of the other toolwindow tabs).

I also see this in the docking actipro demo application for metro light, where an active tab has a continuation line below all the inactive tabs - in the same colour as the active tab. Makes the active button stand out more.

However I can not get this line to show across the bottom of the tabs in Metro Light.

I have example images showing my application before and after the theme change and a screenprint and highlight of the required 'decoration' in the actipro docking demo, but can not see where to attach the files.

I wondered if you had any ideas of how to achieve this. I am doing everything programatically at the moment as far as setting my tab colour dependant on selected/active/etc.

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bret,

If you'd like us to look at what you are doing, I'd recommend making as simple of a new sample project as you can and email that to our support address, referencing this thread.  Please rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Be sure to indicate (perhaps via screenshots) what you see wrong and what it should be, and we'll take a look.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the screens.  They look different than our main demo does.  If you look at our main demo, you can see the selected tab in this theme is white and the rest (unselected) show through as gray.  It looks like in your screens, you might be changing the backgrounds of the unselected tabs to something close to white, so there isn't as distinct of a difference.  I'd recommend making that background you are using to be darker instead.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.