Case Correction of Lexemes

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Andrew Hollom - Senior Software Developer, ABB Motion
Version: 13.2.0591

I started out using the langauge designer and regular expressions, but decided it would be easier to implement a programmatic lexer, since I have one already coded that's used inside a compiler. I've retargeted it (based on the lexer used in sample 3c) and it seems to work fine, but I can't find any information on how to make automatic case correction work. The language designer used a drop down to allow this, and on examining the code generated, it just sets a member called DefaultCaseSensitivity to CaseSensitivity.AutoCorrect, but this isn't available using a programmatic lexer.

I've had a read of the help file and searched the forum, so any ideas would be gratefully received.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

For auto-case correction features, you'd need to make a class that inherits AutoCaseCorrector and then call language.RegisterAutoCorrector(yourCorrector) to register it as a service.  If you look at the "Language Creation Guide / Feature Services / Auto-Corrector" topic in the documentation, it talks about how to do this.  We do it for our VB language in the .NET Languages Add-on, which uses a programmatic lexer.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.