Using View collection instead of ViewModel collection for prism layout of docking control

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Randall Gouge
Version: 13.2.0592

I'm guessing this is possible but thought I'd ask to anyway incase you have some helpful hints going forward.  I would like to register views instead of view models with the region manager avoiding the need to implicitly or explicitly map data templates to view models. Primary reason is to avoid the need to centrally supply the mapping of the view model to data template and let each module register its own views which will already have the datacontext bound to a view model. 

Your thoughts?

Thanx in advance

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Randall,

We haven't really worked with Prism other than using the ViewModel approach for registering views.  That being said, whatever you register should end up getting set to the DockSite.DocumentsItemSource and ToolItemsSource properties depending on the setup.  This happens in the DockSiteRegionAdapter.

If you need to step through, alter or change any of the Prism integration behavior, it's open source in our Codeplex project.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Randall Gouge

Thanks for the reply. 

After spending some time looking at it I've decided to not use a region manager but instead work with the DockSite collections instead.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.