Can I keep a RaftingWindow from a nested DockSite open when switching tabs in outer DockSite?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Jay Hill
Version: 14.1.0602

I understand that it is a feature of the nested DockSite support that switching tabs in the outer DockSite causes any windows that were rafted from the previous tab to close.

Our use case (and I can't imagine we are unique in this) is that a user rafts a window from the nested DockSite specifically because she wants it to be always visible, whether for comparison with something in another outer tab or because it contains information or access to functionality that she needs to be at-the-ready no matter what document she is viewing in the main TabbedMdi area. This is especially true for tool windows.

I can subscribe to the DockSite.WindowClosing event and set e.Cancel = true. This does allow the window to remain open when viewing other tabs. I can resize the window and interact with its content, but the ability to drag the window is lost until and unless its "host" tab is selected. I have been working on a hack to re-implement the window drag in this scenario, but it is pretty painful.

Is there no setting or simple override that would allow me to keep any and all rafted windows open?

I can submit a small sample app if needed.

Thanks!

[Modified 10 years ago]

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the description.  At the moment, I don't believe we have an option for disabling the auto-close behavior when the parent DockSite is unloaded.  We haven't tried your workaround before (setting the cancel flag), but that is an interesting idea.

If you would like to send us your sample, please send it to our support address and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Please reference this thread and we'll have a look to see what is causing the problem you mentioned.  Perhaps if we solve that we could add a new option for you to achieve the desired behavior.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Jay Hill

Thanks! I have submitted the sample project.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.