Ranges are not MOD 360 and ignore scale direction?

Gauge for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by David Bagby - Calypso Ventures, Inc.
Version: 14.1.0602
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

I've been trying to make ranges work on some circular gauges. I've been puzzled by the fact that the ranges do not always draw from StartValue to EndValue.

After a bunsh of poking at test cases, I figured out that what the ranges are actually doing is:

(undocumented? as far as I cal tell?) The ranges appear to always draw FROM min(StartValue, EndValue) TO max(StartValue, EndValue).

That is hardly the mod 360 behavior I expected from a circular gauge.

It can get very confusing as it causes visual complements of the ranges to be drawn on the screen.

OK, now that I thought I knew what it was doing, I compensated and now draw all ranges with two ranges - I handle the StartValue > EndValue case by splitting into StartValue -> 360 and then a 2nd range from 0-> EndValue.

I can't help but think this should not be necessary - Since  Range is a membrer of a TickSet and a TickSet is a member of a Scale, and Scales have direction (ex: IsReversed) - it seems that a range should simply draw from StartValue TO EndValue in the positive direction of the scale.

Is the current behavior a bug or is there some reason that escapes me for this "feature"?

Finally, when using two ranges as a work around, I can't get rid of what looks like a 1 pixel line at angle 0 on the gauges - this causes the two ranges to not blend together visually into a single range.... (I have range border set to none).

Do you kow some way I can I fix that visual artifact?

Dave

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dave,

Thanks for writing.  Can you throw together a new simple sample project that shows the issue (especially with the 1px line) and email that to our support address?  That way we can use the project to debug what's going on and make sure we are seeing the same thing you are.  In your email there, please reference this thread and rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  We'll get back to you in more detail after getting that and having a look.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by David Bagby - Calypso Ventures, Inc.

Example project that shows the problem(s) emailed to support

Dave

[Modified 10 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.