Programmatic access to XML MemberList

SyntaxEditor Web Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Jason Ruakere
Version: 14.1.0320

Is it possible to access the IntelliPrompt.MemberList for a given offset programmatically? That is, the list that would appear if I were to type the '<' character at a particular offset in the document.

I'd like to be able to drop XML snippets into an XML document and would like to ensure that the drop point is valid during the DragOver operation and access to the member list seems to be the simplest way to achieve that.

Thanks in advance,

Jason :)

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately the WinForms version doesn't have a way to get resolver results programmatically.  The newer design in the WPF version does allow that though.  In WinForms you might be able to call the method to show the member list but handle the DotNetSyntaxLanguage.SyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListPreFilter event temporarily.  If you clear the items in that event, no list will actually show.  It's a bit of a hack but you could probably determine if there are items that way.

An alternative would be to do some text or token scanning at the offset to see what is surrounding it and base your logic on if the drop point is valid on that.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Jason Ruakere

Thanks for the response. I'll give it a go. :)

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.