Typing in DoubleEditBox doesn't cause Value property to change

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Jim Carole
Version: 14.2.0610

I'm using databinding to detect when the value in a DoubleEditBox has changed so I can enable an Apply button. Works great if user clicks on the arrow buttons, but not if they type in the edit box. Determined that the Value property isn't getting updated until control loses focus in this scenario, which doesn't help me. What DoubleEditBox property does change when the user types in the control?

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jim,

The DoubleEditBox.PartValueCommitTriggers property configures how/when the Value property is updated due to user interaction.  It defaults to not updating as the user types, but rather as focus leaves, Enter is pressed, or a spinner is used.  You can set PartValueCozmmitTriggers to All to force Value to update as the user types

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Jim Carole

Works great...thanks! After looking at the options Actipro offers for that property, I have to ask:

I get why it would be beneficial to separate out "work in progress" (typing) from "work completed" (hit enter, lose focus), but how did clicking the arrow keys get grouped with the latter? To a model that doesn't want to be updated until the user is done, arrow keys are exactly like typing.

[Modified 9 years ago]

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

While that's true, I suppose on the flip side if the control doesn't have focus and you click a spinner, you'd likely want to see immediate result updating.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.