RangeOutliningSourceBase problem

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by kodver
Version: 15.1.0611

Hi!

Thank you for the great product.

I have a problem with RangeOutliningSourceBase. There are 2 node definitions in my class - Section and Keyword. Section contains keywords. Offset of the end of keyword in some cases equals offset of the end of section. Looks like in this case folding of Keyword node doesn't work.

Any advice?

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, that scenario should be supported since we run into it in our Python Language Add-on, where the Python language has code outlining nodes that end at the same offset.  What specifically isn't working for you?  For more complex scenarios like this, we ask that you make a new simple sample project that shows the problem and email it to our support address.  Reference this thread in your email and be sure to rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by kodver

That scenario reproducable for me in SampleBrowser->Python Editor Demo.

If I have

class FibTest:
    def __init__(self, count):
        if count <= 0:
            raise ValueError("'count' must be larger than zero.")
        self.count = count

in SyntaxEditor, then there are 2 collapsable regions (class and def). If I'll paste this code once more 

class FibTest:
        if count <= 0:
        self.count = count
class FibTest:
        if count <= 0:
        self.count = count

I'll get 2 collapsable regions: class from the line 1 to 5 and def from the line 7 to 10. 

[Modified 9 years ago]

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I just tried this on our latest version and everything is showing up correctly.  I know we've done a lot of outlining updates in recent versions.  Are you sure you are running the latest 2015.1 maintenance release?  If not, please download the latest and see if you still have the problem.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.