Using a three state ribbon checkbox in a ribbon popup button

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 9 years ago by Karen Johnson
Version: 14.1.0621

I would like to have a popup button in my ribbon that contains checkboxes with IsThreeState enabled.

I tried adding some simple xaml to one of my views and set IsTogged to null, but the visual for the indeterminate state is not showing up.  It appears as if the value is false.

<actiproRibbon:PopupButton Label="MyPopup">
    <actiproRibbon:Menu>
        <actiproRibbon:CheckBox Label="My checkbox" IsThreeState="True" IsChecked="{Binding IsToggled}" ></controls:CheckBox>
    </actiproRibbons:Menu>
</actiproRibbon:PopupButton>

Is there something else I need to change to show the indeterminate state?

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I tried the same sort of XAML in a sample app here and it worked fine for me.  It started with an indeterminate state and then toggled through the three states as I clicked the CheckBox.  This is with the latest 2015.1 version.  I would double check that your Binding is correct and working properly.  If you validate that and it's still not working, then try with the latest version to see if that helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by Karen Johnson

I created a sample app and saw that the visuals for all three states.  In my application, the indeterminate state appears to be identical to the false state.  Our application has some special theming support which may not have been updated in our switch to version 14.1.  Could you tell me exactly what files were changed by Actipro to support the three state checkbox in the ribbon menu?

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

All the UI for menu-based CheckBoxes is in ButtonBase.xaml.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.