Depending on the charms bar on Windows 10 can't be right

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 9 years ago by RafaelLVX
Version: 2.4.15

This is minor because it's easy to work around it, but here goes.

I'm assuming that to display menus that do things on Code Writer and specially to select different file tabs, I have to either open the charms bar or aim at a minuscule three dots icon at the bottom. But umm, Microsoft killed the charms bar on Windows 10 by default, gods bless their souls, and the three dots are nearly invisible. I noted I can turn off context menu and have the useful bars by right-clicking, which is great, but hidden in alternative configurations. That probably should come by default, and is a fine workaround, but either way, what I think is a problem is to depend on the deprecated charms bar and lose context menus in the process of working around it.

Thanks for giving it some thought and sorry for flooding the forums with my rebellious ideas. ;-)

[Modified 9 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 9 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We agree that Windows 10 doesn't make the existing Code Writer UI as usable as it was in Windows 8.x and do want to update it in the future to lose app bars, etc.  If you have any specific ideas for a UI appearance that you'd like to see, please post them for consideration.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 9 years ago by RafaelLVX

I was in doubt myself what the best should be. For my use I think if the right-click displayed the bars by default would be better than using for context menu, because the context menu is not so useful -- right now the context menu only has "paste", "undo" and "select all", which have universal well-known shortcuts and could be featured on the bars if needed.

[Modified 9 years ago]

Answer - Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We were looking at some older support threads and saw this.  Just wanted to let you know that if you have Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we have a new 3.x version that has a fresh new UI design, made specifically for Windows 10.  

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.