LastActiveDocumentChanged and other events not fired when switching tabs of same document type.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Steven Marshall
Version: 15.1.0623
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 8 (64-bit)

When you change tabs between documents of the same type in the same tab group events such as LastActiveDocumentChanged are not fired...this can be quickly reproduced using the MvvmDocumentWindows example. in MainView.xaml add an event for LastActiveDocumentChanged to the docking:DockSite. Run the application and add a second document.When switching between Document1 and Document2 the event is not fired however if you switch between the WelcomeDocument and Document1 it is. If you move Document2 to a new tab group, then switching between documents the event is fired correctly. This same error applies to all events such as WindowActivated/WindowDeactivated etc.

Comments (4)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steven,

Are you sure you are running the latest v2015.1 build?  When I try it in our latest code, I don't see the problem occurring.

Actipro Software Support

Yes i'm running the latest build and can reproduce the issue on multiple machines

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Steven,

I just tried adding the LastActiveDocumentChanged event to the MvvmDocumentWindows sample with v2015.1 build 623, added a new document and saw the event fire every time I clicked on a tab.  If you are seeing something different in that sample and on build 623, please give us the exact code and sequence of steps to repro it.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I built a completely new project at home to test this and everything worked fine so appears to be related to software or setup at work. I'll update when i track down the cause...

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.