Multi line comment doesn't work

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by James Zheng
Version: 15.1.0622
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi Actipro,

I'm reading through the Syntax editor sample projects, multi line commenting doesn't change all the text within the coment range to comment color. And I face the same issue in my own project

eg.(Sample project 4c - Error Handling)

Issue 1:

I want to comment out the whole function as below:

/*function Add(x, y) {
	return x + y;
}*/

But the color for 'return x + y;' still remains the same as before, instead of changing to comment green color.

Issue 2:

I added '/*' in line 1 below

/*function Add(x, y) {
	return x + y;
}

function Increment(x) {
	return (x + 1);
}

function IncrementAndMultiply(x, y) {
	// This function calls another function
	var result;
	result = Increment(x);
	return result * y;
}

I would expect to see the whole block of code after it to be comment colored, but only the fist line is turns green.

However, in sample project '7 - Line Commenter', the issue doesn't exist.

Issue 3:

I remove a comment line '// This function calls another function' in Issue 2 above, line 'function IncrementAndMultiply(x, y) {' turns green and the rest still remains the same.

Issue 4:

Added multi line comment in sample project '7 - Line Commenter' as below:

function /* Add(x, y) {
	return x + y;
}*/

Only 'Add(x, y) {' turns green. And the rest don't change color including the end comment delimiter '*/'.

Hope to hear for you soon. Thanks!

Regards,

James Zheng

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi James,

Thanks for reporting this.  It appears to be due to an optimization tweak we made in the first 2015.1 build.  We've fixed it for the next maintenance release, which should be out in the next several weeks.  Or if you need a preview build earlier than that, please write our support address and mention this thread.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.