How do you create expandable properties using custom IDataAccessor implementations?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Magnus Lindhe
Version: 15.1.0624

I have looked at the Custom Factory samples but I can not figure out how to create custom property hierarchies that are expandable. I can not see how to correctly implement the parent/child relationship.

Comments (1)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Magnus,

Property expandability normally depends on the TypeConverter associated with a property value returning that the value has properties, via its GetPropertiesSupported method returning true, and its GetProperties method returning additional properties.

But if you are using a custom factory, it's easy to add child properties.  The factory's GetProperties method is called when each property is being readied for display.  You can simply return a list of child data accessors for it.  You can see in our QuickStart how we make a list of custom child data accessors for any property of type CustomerViewModel.  The same sort of thing could apply to any other type.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.