Deserialized layout has empty TabbedMdiContainer

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon
Version: 16.1.0630

When deserializing a lazy-loaded layout that had been saved with open documents, but where there are currently no open document windows, an empty TabbedMdiContainer is shown, which is not visually appealing / a good UX.

This behaviour can be quickly mocked-up in the serialization sample by setting the xaml to look like:

<docking:Workspace>
    <docking:TabbedMdiHost/>
</docking:Workspace>

- Then adding code to programmatically add a DocumentWindow to the docksite from one of the ToolWindow commands.

- Set the DockSite to Serialize DocumentWindows, and use either the discard or lazy-load modes.

- Save the layout and switch between samples.

Is there a proper way to prevent this behaviour?

My current workaround is that in the TabbedMdiContainer Style, I added a Trigger to change the Visibility to Hidden when the SelectedWindow is null (I believe only possible when no documents are open).

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Andrew Hanlon

I checked the previous version's XAML and can see that there is a trigger on the 'HasWindows' property to hide the container. Seems this functionailty is missing form the new version.

Answer - Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reporting this.  We've got it fixed now for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.