How do I make the Value property update on paste?

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 8 years ago by Kyle Matz
Version: 14.2.61

Note on the version selected: The version I see in the installation is v14.2.0611

Hello,

I have a class inheriting from the ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Calendar.DateTimePicker which is mostly working. When pasting a text into the UI text field, the Value property on the class is not updating to reflect the pasted value and instead holds onto the last value until the field loses focus.

This is an issue because we are overriding the OnPreviewTextInput to handle some specific cases and using the Value property in there. So if the user pastes in a valid value and then types additional key strokes that we want to handle we end up with an incorrect value.

Is there a way to fix this or a better way to handle this situation?

Thanks,

Kyle

Comments (2)

Posted 8 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kyle,

The user would probably need to press Enter to commit the value before typing in whatever additional text they wish to do.  Enter will commit the same as lost focus.  I'm not sure what else to suggest since I don't believe there's a programmatic way to kick off text to value conversion.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 8 years ago by Kyle Matz

Thank you for the response, that is helpful.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.