TreeListView MDI error

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by John Dunn
Version: 16.1.0633

I'm trying to sway out a current TreeView for the TreeListView and am getting the following error-

Cannot place windows in MDI since no MDI host (TabbedMdiHost, StandardMdiHost, etc.) was located as the direct child of the DockSite's Workspace.

The overall window is DockSite->SplitContainer->SplitContainer->Workspace->TabbedMdiHost so I guess the erroe is correct since the TabbedMdiHost is not a direct child of the DockSite but I'm not sure how else I would be able to acheive my application  design requirements.

Comments (3)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

That control hierarchy should work since the TabbedMdiHost needs to be a direct child of the Workspace, which it looks like it is from your message.  If you'd like us to look into it further, please email our support address with a new simple sample project that shows it happening.  We can debug what's going on with that.  Be sure to reference this thread in your email and rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by John Dunn

It looks like I get this error if ItemAdatper throws an exception from one of its overridden methods. Easy fix but maybe better error reporting/handling would help people diagnose these issues quicker.

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

Any chance you could send our support address a new small sample project showing this scenario so we can debug it and see if we can make any improvements?  I'm not sure how that original exception is getting raised in the scenario you mention.  Unless something like that one exception on your end blocked the TabbedMdiHost from being created at all.  Please rename the .zip file extension of what you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.