Problem trying to use TreeView Example Overrides from Examples

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 7 years ago by Andrew Messier
Version: 17.1.0651

Hello. I'm trying to get a TreeListBox application running by following some of the example projects. Most of these projects use the classes here:

SampleBrowser\ProductSamples\GridsSamples\Common

such as:

namespace ActiproSoftware.ProductSamples.GridsSamples.Common {

public class DefaultTreeListBoxItemAdapter : TreeListBoxItemAdapter {

So, I figured I'd copy the file to my project and change the namespace to my project's default namespace (at least for now to get started). Here's what mine now looks like:

namespace ARTB_GUI_001 {

public class DefaultTreeListBoxItemAdapter : TreeListBoxItemAdapter {

Back in my XAML, I have the namesapce:

xmlns:local="clr-namespace:ARTB_GUI_001"

but when I try to do something like this:

<grids:TreeListBox.ItemAdapter>
<local:DefaultTreeListBoxItemAdapter TopLevelExpandabilityDefault="Never" />
</grids:TreeListBox.ItemAdapter>

.. that second line gives me the error:

Error The name "DefaultTreeListBoxItemAdapter" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:ARTB_GUI_001".

The Intellisense seems to think there should be a <local:DefaultTreeListBoxItemAdapter .. but I can't seem to get rid of the error.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andrew,

At a glance, that should be working.  The first thing I'd try is to use the Visual Studio Object Browser and make sure you see the class listed in the assembly.  Are you sure you included it in the same project, and as a Build Action of "Compile"?

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 7 years ago by Andrew Messier

Very Odd .. this started working after what seemed like multiple restarts of the IDE. With a little Googling I found that this was a known bug on old versions of the IDE ... anyway, it's working now and had nothing to do with the Actipro Library. Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.