An Exception was thrown in Design View when opening a project using Int32Picker with Microsoft Blend

Editors for Universal Windows Forum

Posted 7 years ago by José Ángel
Version: 17.1.0311

I just created a very simple UWP project, added a reference to Actipro Universal Windows Controls and added a Int32Picker to the Main Page.

If I open whe MainPage.xaml with Visual Studio, I can see the design view without any problems. If I open it with Blend what I see in the design view is the next exception:

COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

StackTrace
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.IVector'1.InsertAt(UInt32 index, T value)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.VectorToListAdapter.InsertAtHelper[T](IVector'1 _this, UInt32 index, T item)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime.VectorToListAdapter.Insert[T](Int32 index, T item)

InnerException: None

Thinking could be a licensing problem, I've added the license information in the app initialization but the problem is still there.

The project's target versions are:

Target: Universal Windows
Target version: Windows 10 Creators Update (10.0; Build 15063)
Min version: Windows 10 Creators Update (10.0; Build 15063)

Blend's about dialog box shows this version information:

Microsoft Blend for Visual Studio Professional 2017
Version 15.2 (26430.15) Release
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.02046

Comments (1)

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We do have checks to see if the design mode flags are set in the framework and we skip licensing checks if they are.  I would assume that Blend sets the flag but perhaps they don't.  So you are saying the VS designer is fine but the Blend one is where the problem is?

We are currently wrapping up a feature for the upcoming 2017.2 version, but I will mark this down to look into right after that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v22.1 build 0365) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.