A major new version of the Actipro Universal Windows controls is now available.
Detailed Update List
- Added the DockingWindow.IsFloating property, which supports data-binding and indicates if the docking window is open in a floating DockHost.
- Updated the DockSite.WindowDefaultLocationRequested event with a new ShouldFloat property on the event arguments.
- Updated the read-only document contextual indicator to render separately from any custom contextual content.
- Improved logic for when dragging a single floating tabbed document window.
- Refactored logic that leaves breadcrumbs and added float ability to restore to floating breadcrumbs.
- Updated maximized standard MDI windows to remove flicker when a new primary document is set.
- Fixed a bug where executing the Dock command from a floating tool window wasn't always working.
- Added the AutoCompleteBox control that allows text entry and provides suggestions for auto-completion. This kind of control is ideal for use in search query and quick launch kinds of scenarios.
- Added a new QuickStart to showcase the AutoCompleteBox control.
- Added the PartEditBoxBase.TextAlignment property to control the alignment of the text area (i.e. right-align numeric edit boxes).
- Updated date selection in a DateEditBox's popup calendar to close the popup.
- Updated EnumEditBox used in PropertyGrid to automatically pass the enumeration type in, which is useful when multiple data objects of the same type are being edited.
- Added the CanReuseBrush property to BrushEditBox, BrushPicker, and GradientStopSlider, which can be set to false to create a new brush instance on any update. This is needed when binding to values using value converters.
- Fixed a bug where clicking the Today button on a MonthCalendar with CanRetainTime set would clear the time.
- Worked around a Visual Studio bug that prevented certain controls from appearing in the designer successfully.
- Added the TreeListBoxItemAdapter.OnDragHover method, which allows for selectively expanding collapsed target items when a drag/hover occurs.
- Added a check to ensure DragDropEffects.None is not returned by TreeListBoxItemAdapter.InitializeDataObject before starting a drag/drop.
- Updated default property editors to pass font family and size down to embedded controls.
- Updated PropertyGridItemAdapter to support returning paths.
- Improved TreeListBox support for child node move operations within the same parent to retain selection when appropriate.
- Fixed a bug where TreeListBox expand all functionality might not traverse down all levels.
- Added the IIntraLineSpacerTag interface that allows whitespace to be reserved above and/or below view lines.
- Added the IntraLineAdornmentManagerBase class for implementing intra-line adornments.
- Added the ITextViewLine.TopMargin, BottomMargin, and GetIntraLineSpacerTags members.
- Added a new adornments QuickStart showing how to implement Visual Studio-like Code Lens (info display and hyperlink) features.
- Added a new adornments QuickStart showing how to implement Visual Studio-like Peek Definition (embedded editor) features.
- Added logic for unhandled clicks on intra-line adornments to move the caret to the owning view line.
- Improved how vertical scrolling is implemented to better handle view lines of various sizes.
- Improved editor view focus tracking logic.
- Improved copy line functionality to better handle word wrap scenarios.
- Improved move selected lines functionality to better handle word wrap scenarios.
- Added the IOutliningManager.ApplyDefaultOutliningExpansion and ExpandAllOutlining methods, and related EditorCommands properties.
- Fixed a bug where moving the caret to the end of single-line mode editor might scroll too far to the right.
- Fixed a bug where the outlining manager could fall out of sync with collapsed outining node states in a certain scenario.
.NET Languages Add-on
- Added IntelliPrompt completion for object creation expression initializer member names.
- Improved VB auto-indent logic when pressing space after certain keywords.
- Improved VB Option statement lexing.
- Improved VB IntelliPrompt completion logic.
- Added the AdvancedTextBlock control that can show a tooltip when overflowed and can highlight spans of text based on captured text ranges (i.e. filter match results).
- Changed the IDataFilter.Filter method to include a context parameter.
About Universal Windows Controls
All Universal Windows control licenses automatically include a free subscription for a year of free upgrades to any new versions that are released. At the end of the year, you may renew your license for another year to keep the free upgrade benefits active.
You can purchase our Universal Windows controls individually if you wish however you have the option to purchase all of them in the Universal Windows Studio bundle. Purchasing the bundle saves 50% over purchasing all the controls individually. In addition, if you own a Universal Windows Studio license, you are automatically eligible to receive free licenses for any new control products added to Universal Windows Studio that come out within your year subscription period.
Free Evaluation Download
You can download a free evaluation of all our Universal Windows controls from this page:
If you own an older Universal Windows controls version and would like to upgrade to this latest version, please click the request a free upgrade link on your organization account page's 'Purchases and Licenses' tab. The link will appear there if your upgrade eligibility is active.
Actipro Software Support