Rich Text editor for property grid

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Wiley Knoch
Version: 17.2.0662

I need to apply rich text to a property of type string in a property grid.  I don't see any built in editors that allow me to do this so I am assuming I need to create my own but I cannot figure out what all I need to do to accomplish this.  The property field in the grid only needs to have an ellipsis button to launch a model dialog that will contain my rich text editor control.  But ActiPro's editors don't seem to be designed similarly to how WinForm's works because when I create my own custom UITypeEditor derived class and attribute my property with it, it is never instantiated.

I looked through all the documentation Demo's and QuickStart's and don't see anything related to what I am looking for to get me started so any help would be appreciated.

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

If you are looking to do an ellipsis button, please see the "Property Dialog" QuickStart.  These are also described in detail in the "Grids / PropertyGrid Features / Property Editors" documentation topic's last section.

That same topic (along with a sample in the "Supported Property Attributes" topic) tells you how to use EditorAttribute to apply a PropertyEditor to a specific property if you don't want to do it in XAML.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.