Support for .NET Core / .NET Standard

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Dejan Appenzeller
Version: 16.1.0330

Hello,

I'm porting a project that references certain ActiproSoftware Syntax Editor assemblies to .NET Core. To be more specific, this project is supposed to target .NET Standard 2.0 so that it can run both on full framework and .NET Core 2.0. The UI part of the app will remain WinForms (and thus only runs on the full framework), but this particular project is part of some business logic that also should run on .NET Core. So, the project doesn't instantiate any controls or so, but for example it extends the DynamicOutliningSyntaxLanguage class to define its own language.

So here's my question. Does Actipro SyntaxEditor offer any support for .NET Core or .NET Standard for the non-UI components?

Comments (2)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Thank you for writing.  In our non-WinForms versions like WPF, we have the SyntaxEditor implementation split into UI and non-UI assemblies, but the non-UI ones still target full .NET.  I will make a note to investigate if we can port the non-UI assemblies to .NET Standard in the future.  We are currently working on a massive project for unifying the WPF, WinForms, and UWP versions into a single codebase with minor adjustments for each platform.  Please see our blog for details on that project (called vNext).

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Dejan Appenzeller

I guess your vNext would be a good candidate to target .NET Standard for the non-UI bits.

Thanks for the notice.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.