Floating window - Titlebar background

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Andreas Gruber
Version: 15.1.0623

Hello!

The application contains multiple views (docked and floating windows) which are displayed on multiple monitors. I have a view where alarms are displayed. Due to the amount of information displayed, the customer wants that the alarm view is marked as soon as an alarm gets active. 

For the docked window state the BorderBrush, TabBorderBrush and TabTintColor are changed to red. When no alarm is active, the brushes and colors are changed back to the theme colors.

When the window state is floating, those changes have no effect. Is it possible to change e.g. the background color of the window title bar when the window is floatiing? 
I tried to changed the BorderBrush and Background of the window.parent and window.parentcontainer. But those changes had no effect. 

Thank you

Comments (3)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

Are you saying those properties (BorderBrush, TabBorderBrush, TabTintColor) had no effect because the floating tool window didn't have any other tabs attached to it?

Could you use our Contextual Content features to show a status indicator?  You can add status indicators to title bars, tabs, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Andreas Gruber

Hello!

Are you saying those properties (BorderBrush, TabBorderBrush, TabTintColor) had no effect because the floating tool window didn't have any other tabs attached to it?

Yes, that is correct. 

Could you use our Contextual Content features to show a status indicator? You can add status indicators to title bars, tabs, etc.

The view has no direct reference to the docking window in the XAML file. 
The view implements IDockingWindowInitializer and IDockingWindowItemTypeProvider. In the initialize(DockingWindow dockingWindow, object item) method I store the dockingWindow as ToolWindow in a member variable. 

With the Contextual Content feature you mean Sample Browser.Docking/MDI - QuickStarts --> WindowControl?
Is there a way to set the ContextualContent in the code behind?

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andreas,

Sorry I now see you are running the older 2015.1 version.  I was referring to a contextual content feature in our newer versions of Docking/MDI where you can put any custom content (like a red dot indicator, etc.) in title bars, tabs, etc.  That kind of thing might be very nice for your needs but isn't available in the older version.

Unfortunately there's no way to change the title bar background for a single window.  But you could set the DockSite.ToolWindowsSingleTabLayoutBehavior property to always show tabs for tool windows that are alone in a container.  At least that way you'd still see the tab.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.