IntelliPrompt not invoked when using incorrect case in VB

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Dan Brown - Head of Development, Oppono Ltd
Version: 4.0.0252
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I am semi reluctant to post this, but would it be possible to invoke the member drop down in VB when the case is incorrect, as per VB.NET in Visual Studio. Example below:

Public Class Class1
        Public Shared Sub TestSub 
        End Sub
    End Class

Public Class Class2
        Public Shared Function TestSub As Boolean
            Class1. ' Member list displayed when . typed
            class1. ' Member list not displayed when . typed

End Function
    End Class
Although obviously good practice, our VB users don't expect to have to watch their casing and would help them a great deal.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for the suggestion Dan, we'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Ken Brown
It appears this bug has been partially fixed in v4.0.288.0. The example above now works regardless of case but when I load an additional code file in code using LoadForCode I run into the same Case Problem.

Could you please add this scenario to the todo list?

dotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent.LoadForCode(vbLanguage, "Test.vb", HelperFunctions.ReadResource("Test.vb"))
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ken,

Yes we haven't yet addressed the core issue but it's about the top thing on our list for the WinForms add-on right now.

Also in the next-gen version of the add-on we're designing in the WPF/Silverlight versions, we're making sure case sensitivity is at the core of all matching and resolution algorithms. We hope to eventually backport that newer add-on design back to WinForms once the WPF/Silverlight SyntaxEditors support all the feature areas found in WinForms.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.