Ribbon Tabs cover the Quick Access Toolbar

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Hamid Noorbakhsh
Version: 16.1.0635
Platform: .NET 4.5
Environment: Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

This only occurs in WIndows Server Environment. I have seen it also on 2012 R2 x64. Is there a setting that can be set to avoid this since upgrade at this time is not an option.

Comments (14)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Does it happen on our latest 2018.1 version as well?  Which theme are you using?

You could try using another theme to see if one doesn't experience the same issue, or you can also show the QAT below the Ribbon instead via the Ribbon.QuickAccessToolBarLocation property, where it won't be near the tabs.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Hamid Noorbakhsh

This is on customer machine. I can not upgrade the component, but during maintainence releases I can change a setting. I asked the customer to change from classic theme and it did not help. I can send a screen capture they have provided, I was just not sure how to attach it? I can email it if you need to see it. This happened a while back for one customer, but now a second one has come forward and asked for a fix.

[Modified 6 years ago]

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Please send the screenshot to our support address and mention this thread in your email.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 5 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH

Any news about this problem ?

I have the same problem when changing from Classic Theme to a Metro Theme.If I resize the window it will draw the tabs and QAT correctly.

Also for some reason setting the "Metro Light Theme" does not seem to work every time.

Unfortunately now I am stuck with the version 16.1.0634.

I want also to mention that I am running the application on Windows 10.

Kind regards

Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

We were never able to duplicate it here on our dev machines when working offline with Hamid a year ago.  Just for curiosity's sake, are you able to try the 2019.1 evaluation version to see if the problem still happens in that version, even if you can't switch to that version yet?

To confirm, you said you see issues when switching from Classic to Metro theme.  The issues involve the ribbon tabs rendering over the QAT and the QAT not translating up properly.  Are you also saying that other pieces of the Metro theme aren't applied correctly?  Can you give some more examples?

When this scenario occurs, you mentioned resizing the window will redraw some pieces correctly.  Does resizing the window fix ALL the issues you see?

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I tried a bit with v19.1.0681 and it seems that the problem with the QAT it's working but the problem with changing the theme from Metro Dark to Metro Light (The ThemeManager.CurrentTheme becomes MetroLight but all the colors are the ones from MetroBlack) is not working sometimes but when I try to change from Metro Dark to one of the Metro Light Accented Theme is working.

I am setting the theme using a shared:PopupButton like in the example.

I want to mention that I am setting the default theme (ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = ThemeName.MetroDark.ToString()) in the Application ribbon window and I am trying to change the theme from a custom dialog window which in fact is other ribbon window.

Kind regards!

Hi Daniel,

Is there anything non-standard about your app, such as are you showing UI in multiple threads or anything of that nature? 

Could you tell us if resizing the window after the theme change to MetroLight fixes the rendering issues, or if they still remain?

I'm also curious what happens if you set the ThemeManager.SystemTheme property to some other value immediately at app startup, like "AeroNormalColor".  Does the switching between MetroLight/MetroDark work properly then?

Actipro Software Support

Hello!

I put the popup button on a toolwindow and it behaves the same. Event if I try to resize I have the same problem. It is a normal prism mvvm application.. Nothing abnormal.

Kind regards!

Hi Daniel,

You didn't mention a response to the third question asked in the previous reply from us.  Could you answer that as well?  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hello!

It is the same behavior. It's like the problem is with the dark mode only. Like it's overriding some of the styles.

If I set the Theme Manager to dark and then try to set it to an Office theme, a Luna theme, or Metro Light Theme the colorization keeps the colors from the dark theme.

When I set Metro Dark and then to Metro White Theme, any accented theme, Classic or High Contrast the colorization works without any issues.

I do not know what those working themes have in common or what might be the problem but it behaves very strange.

Kind regards!

Hi Daniel,

That's certainly odd... can you put together a new simple sample project that shows the same thing happening and send that to our support address so we can debug with it?  Please keep the project as minimal as possible to reproduce the issue and reference this thread.  Be sure to remove the bin/obj folders from the ZIP and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I've just sent the zipped test project and attached are also some screen shots to support@.

Kind regards,

Daniel

[Modified 5 years ago]

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the sample.  When testing with it, we found that doing this in the App class instead:

public override void Initialize() {
	ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = ThemeName.MetroDark.ToString();
	base.Initialize();
}

seems to work instead of doing the CurrentTheme set in your Main.xaml.cs after other UI bits have already loaded.  You should generally set your initial theme in the app startup before any UI is referenced.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Setting the current theme in the App class resolved my problems.

Who knew that the fix could be so easy.

The behavior was strange though. Some themes worked and others not :)

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Daniel

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 5 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.