Replace text in a one or more lines

SyntaxEditor for Universal Windows Forum

Posted 6 years ago by Abhishek
Version: 17.2.0320

Hello,

I am interested to replace a portions of text from a file which i intend to show in the editor with a wild character. The file comes from a Source A. The portions of text which i mentioned must be modified with a wild character would be done on client side keeping the file in Source A intact. However, once the intended text appears on the editor, user is free to change the contents of the file and apply the changes which modifies the Source A. The wild character replacement which was done earlier at the time of showing the file in editor shall not be applied to the Source A.

Considering that i just make use of the Text property. Is there a provision to store additional information in each ast node or any other means which keeps track of lines modified with a wild character, so that its easy at any point of time to ignore them while applying the changes to Source A ?

Comments (1)

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

If I understand correctly, please check out our "Collapsed Regions - Advanced" QuickStart.  It seems like that might be what you want to do because you can load up your full document and then replace ranges of it with a collaped region adornment.  In our sample we show a basic "..." box but you could really put anything there. 

If you combine that feature with our read-only regions feature (see a related QuickStart for that), then I believe it would accomplish waht you want.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v22.1 build 0365) was released 5 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.