How to edit css.langproj

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by John Dunn
Version: 18.1.0670

I'm trying to modify the css.langproj to differentiate between class based selectors ( those that start with . ) and regular element selectors so they can be different colors. The first issue I'm running into is trying to compile the included sample language project with the Language Designer. I get the following error

"A lexical state 'MediaQueryContent' scope start pattern group with token key 'MediaQueryStartDelimiter' classification type key 'PlainText' does not exist as a classification type in the project.

Once I get that figured out, what's the easiest way to modify the language to add the feature I need.

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi John,

It looks like we had the PlainText classification type key defined on the MediaQueryStartDelimiter so that the starting '{' of the media query would be black colored instead of inheriting the maroon color of the media query header.

You can work around the problem by adding this to the classification types of the .langproj:

<ClassificationType Key="PlainText" Description="Plain Text" DefaultStyle="#FF000000" />

Then the validation will allow that previously unknown "PlainText" classification type to be referenced.

That being said, we will update the Language Designer for the next build to allow "PlainText" even if it isn't defined in the .langproj since that one is predefined by the editor itself.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.