Serious bug - EnumPropertyEditor values not initialized

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by rex hui
Version: 19.1.0685
Platform: .NET 3.0 (Core)
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure which version of Actipro this bug was introduced.

As titled, if you use a EnumPropertyEditor in a PropertyGrid, when the PropertyGrid is shown, it is always showing a zero value.

If you debug, you will see the value behind is correct but just not reflected on the control when shown.

I would need to go back to the latest version of Actipro that does not have this bug. However, there is no access to maintence releases. Previous release available for download is 18.1.0676. Please provide a way to download others.

Thanks.

Comments (8)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rex,

I'm not seeing this in our Getting Started QuickStart.  There seem to be non-default Enum values selected there.  First, can you tell us how to reproduce this in one of our build 676 samples?

If you write our support address we can give you a link to a previous build.

Actipro Software Support

Which quickstart sample uses the EnumPropertyEditor in a PropertyGrid?

The main Getting Started QuickStart is pulling in all the Editors/Grids integration (including EnumPropertyEditor) via the gridseditors:BuiltinPropertyEditors.IsEnabled="True" attached property.  All the enumerations you see in that example are using the EnumEditBox.

Actipro Software Support

Forgot to mention, I am using a enum type like this:

[Flags]
public enum MatchType
{
Any = 0x00,
WholeWord = 0x02,
CaseSensitive = 0x04,
}

Are you able to reproduce the problem using an enum type I suggested?

No, I just tried and couldn't reproduce it.  Note that if you downloaded build 685 right after it was released, we did find an Editors/Grids interop issue that we issued a hotfix for a few days later (described at the end of here).  I wonder if you have the original build 685.  Please try and grab the latest hotfix'ed one and see if that makes a difference too.

Actipro Software Support

Yup, the hotfix fixes that! (not sure why you were not able to reproduce the bug)

I did download it on 4-6-2020.

But how are we supposed to know there was a hotfix?!

It was not announced anywhere.

Good point, while we did update the announcement for build 685, we should have made a separate announcement post as well.  We'll do that now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 4 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.