DoubleEditBox does not handle comma as dot when changing the language

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Daniel Constantin - ModuleWorks GmbH
Version: 19.1.0687

Hi,

When my Windows language is English - US I can add numbers with decimals from the numpad. If I change to other languages that number, eg: "12.34" becomes "12,34" and is stored as "1234" which is wrong.

How can I make that the comma to be treated as dot ? Or to force somehow the culture of the DoubleEditBox to be English US always

Kind regards,

Dani

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

This seems to be a bit of a shortcoming in the WPF TextBox control and I think this thread is related.  The DoubleEditBox uses a regular TextBox in its template and it seems to always insert a "." (dot) when the numpad decimal character is typed, at least on an English keyboard.

DoubleEditBox will use the number settings from CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.  Per that thread, I think the workaround is to find the nested TextBox in DoubleEditBox and attach to its PreviewKeyDown event.  Then manually insert a comma if appropriate for that key.

Would that sort of logic resolve the issue for you?

[Modified 3 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

How can I find that nested TextBox and connect to that event. I cannot connect to it because it is inside a style.

Kins regards,

Daniel

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Sorry the link in the previous post wasn't submitted properly.  It's fixed now.

This kind of code in a DoubleEditBox-inherited class would get the TextBox:

public override void OnApplyTemplate() {
	base.OnApplyTemplate();

var textBox = this.GetTemplateChild("PART_TextBox") as System.Windows.Controls.TextBox;
	if (textBox != null) {
		// Add logic such as in previously-linked thread
	}
}

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I have a solution searching that nested control using the VisualTreeHelper as I do not make it work connecting directly to that event.

Kind regards,

Daniel

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 10 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.